As we ease into September and our kids head back to school, you may start to feel like you are running at a break neck pace. Days are filled with commitments, schedules, driving, juggling, cooking, cleaning and the list goes on. You feel tired. Your family members are tired. And you wake up in the morning just to start it all over again. So what can we do to maintain our family relationships and keep the household functioning like a well-oiled machine? Here are a few activities that can help you stay connected to your loved ones:
- Family Pizza night. No, that doesn’t mean doing some finger cooking and ordering out for pizza, make it fun (and healthy) and have everyone gather around and make pizzas together. Making and eating food as a family is a great bonding experience and creates lasting memories, not to mention a great teachable moment for passing on the importance of healthy food choice.
- Make cleaning fun! No one, adults and children alike, really like cleaning, so what better than to make it a game that all can take part. Some fun suggestions are timed races, dance parties while picking up toys, or neat incentives such as movie night or screen time to get those boring chores done and ticked off the to do list. You’ll get work done while sharing some laughs as well as teaching children that working as a team accomplishes a common goal faster.
- Family game night. There is nothing better than a night filled with Monopoly or a competitive game of chutes and ladders with the family so pull out those board games and turn off the screens. Valuable face time allows everyone to wind down and reconnect after a busy week.
- Rent a movie. With so many choices now for finding the perfect movie to share there isn’t any reason not to curl up on the sofa with the family and a big bowl of popcorn. Sometimes sharing one another’s company can be just that simple, so sit back, relax, and enjoy!
- Laugh. Laughing and telling jokes is a fun and enjoyable way to share each other’s company, so break out the joke books and get going!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.